Saturday, September 11, 2010

Current Projects

I've got several projects queued up for the next couple of weeks.  I'm working on a quilt for Nate's cousin, Pete's daycare is having a fundraiser and I'm hoping I can get a quilt ready to donate to the silent auction, and I'm starting on a commissioned piece, as well!

Rebecca's quilt is going to be a stunner.  I decided to choose colors that remind me of a misty early morning--the kind of quiet dawn that just makes you want to snuggle deeper into your bathrobe and drink a cup of coffee.



I've got all of the fabric for her quilt cut, and I can't wait to start getting it pieced together.



If I get a chance to get to the fundraiser quilt, I plan on finally cutting into my stash of 1930's reprints that I've been hoarding for the past year or so.  I had originally planned to do a block that was popular in the 30's and then realized that pretty much everything done then was hand-cut.  I'm not sure I have the patience for that kind of project.

Lastly, the commission I'm working on is the first of four pillows.  The recipient is a piano teacher, and the customer wanted to have a grand piano in the center of the pillow.  I was so relieved to discover that I can still do a half-way decent drawing when I sat down to come up with an embroidery design last night!



I'm just waiting on the final approval before starting the embroidery.  Keep your fingers crossed for me!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!  I can't wait to show you some finished projects in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment