Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Dapper Dillinger Trousers

Over the weekend I took a break from quilting and whipped up a cute little pair of pants for Peter.  I used the Figgy's Dapper Dillinger Trousers pattern in size 2-3.  They came together fast and they were really fun to make.


I adore the details of these pants.  The cuffed legs, the cute detailing on the waistband, and the wide-legged fit.  I love them so much, I couldn't stop wondering how hard it would be to size them up to, say, a momma-size.

I especially love the little pockets
I chose a charcoal grey denim and I used one of my favorite Folksy Flannel prints for the pocket and waistband facings.

Folksy Flannel


The only problem with this little pair of pants is that...well, they're just BIG.

Where did his feet go?

The next pair I make will be the 18 month size and I'm thinking I'll have to put these away for next year.





3 comments:

  1. Aww, the turned out so cute! I'm sure they'll fit before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aak! Emily, just like all of the other clothes we had that were too big, Peter will never fit into them...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Give him a week - they'll fit!

    ReplyDelete